Thursday, October 9, 2008

Princess Margaret Check-up

I'm hoping to update my liver results chart sometime soon. My liver is at last recovering - YEAH for my liver, I knew he'd pull through and didn't he do well considering all the poking and prodding he had last week?

Dr. Messner has asked to send my results to the Gleevec manufacturer so that they can study them as I've proved an anomaly (don't you just love trying to say that word?!) but now that they are at last on the down-turn he anticipates that my liver will be back to normal in about four weeks.

In the meantime he's put me on Hydroxyurea, which is a chemotherapy that I was initially on at the beginning of my diagnosis before we knew that my health insurance covered me for Gleevec. And Allopurinol, which helps the kidneys that will soon be overloaded by all the slaughtered white cells. I have to drink lots of water too so my nightime bathroom visits are going to increase!

2 comments:

Heather BT said...

Bill's on Allopurinaol for his gout, out to be good for everything it sounds like!
Glad to hear that your liver's doing okay. Of course you liver's a male, oliver/all livers are!
How the energy level, still going strong?
Wait'll you see the house - colorful walls I just love it. I am so happy!! it was just too bland before, excelpt for the bedroom in that vile yellow. Now that'll be a midnight/aquamarine deep blue on the bottom and white on the top.
David's been doing a load of work and I've been keeping Acer out of his way.
Well, my friend, I'm honored to be your first visitor and commentor.
Hugs
Heather

Heather BT said...

Okay, So it's not private, thought it was 'cause it doesn't appear in your profile. Be aware, you'll get visitors now.
Love
H

ticker factory